The Activity Leader position is an 8 week position + training sessions (dates TBD)
This position starts at (Tier 1) $275/week + room and board
This position is for the person that loves being involved in program and would like to take more of a lead role in a variety of program. This particular role is not necessarily an in-cabin position, but allows for a variety of service opportunity through the day. This role would be on for most of our programming times. Unlike the Skill Specialist, applicants for this position do not have to specialized abilities, we are simply looking for people that are passionate about working with children and youth in the activities of the day.
Activity Leaders report to the Program Coordinators and/or the Waterfront Coordinator, and the Directors
- Exhibit spiritual maturity and be a good Christian role model.
- Have a general knowledge of Camp Kadesh programs or similar summer camp program experience.
- Have completed a camp leader in training (LIT) program, or similar development program, or similar experience
- Have some experience working with and leading children and youth
- Enjoy and connect well with people of all ages, especially youth and children.
- Have a heart for evangelism and missions.
- Outgoing and high energy.
- Willingness to be outdoors in all types of weather.
- Adhere to the Camp Kadesh Staff manual and the MPSM Code of Conduct
- Be involved in staff meetings, leadership clusters, one-on-ones, and community groups.
- Contribute in a positive manner to the Kadesh community
- Supervise campers and direct other staff in his or her specific program activity.
- Manage equipment in their program area with assistance from the Program or Waterfront Coordinators.
- Report any damage or safety issues to the Coordinators or Directors.
- Other duties as assigned