First Aid Responder
The First Air Responder position is an 8 week program core team position.
This position starts at (Tier 3) $325/week + room and board
- The First Aid Responder is responsible directly to the Camp Director
- Will work in partnership with Waterfront Coordinator in areas of camper emergency procedures.
- Exhibit spiritual maturity and be a good Christian role model.
- Hold a Standard First Aid Certificate with CPR-C
- Preference given to a student in a medical related field of study.
- Enjoy and connect well with people of all ages, especially youth and children.
- Have a heart for evangelism and missions.
- Highly organized and motivated.
- Outgoing and high energy.
- Able to work in a team environment and independently.
- Previous leadership experience is an asset.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Saskatchewan Class 5 licence an asset.
- Adhere to the Camp Kadesh Staff Manual and the MPSM Code of Conduct
- Attend weekly planning meeting.
- Be involved and take leadership roles in staff meetings, leadership clusters, one-on-ones, and community groups.
- Contribute in a positive manner to the Kadesh community
- Medication Management (50%)
- Responsible for the administration of guest medication as outlined by their parents/guardians, and medical professionals
- Organize and coordinate prescribed medication schedule
- Receive and catalogue medication on guest arrival
- Correspond with campers and parent/guardian as to the proper procedure for administration of medication
- Return medication to parents/guardians at the end of guest stay
- First Aid Response (30%)
- Responsible for rapid response to a wide variety of medical emergencies.
- Work a flexible schedule that requires evenings and mornings as issues arise.
- Consult camp director on all medical injuries requiring advanced medical treatment.
- Communicate to the camp director daily first aid administration report
- Track first aid supplies,and communicate supply to the camp director
- Keep a medical log book of all first-aid treatment
- Service and Participation (5%)
- Lead aspects of staff training.