Leader In Training (LIT) Program Coordinators
The LIT Coordinator position is a 17 week program position. (May 1 to Aug 26, 2017) The LIT Program Coordinators are part of the spring OREC team and are given planning time as part or their May and June responsibilities. There is also a requirement for the LIT coordinators to be involved in the process of choosing the LIT participants.
This position starts at (Tier 3) $325/week + room and board.
LIT Coordinators work as a team and report directly to the Associate Director, with additional input from other Directors.
- Exhibit spiritual maturity and be a good Christian role model.
- Enjoy and connect well with people of all ages, especially youth and children.
- Have a heart for evangelism and missions.
- Previous summer camp ministry and preference given to those that have served previously at Camp Kadesh
- Highly organized and motivated.
- Outgoing and high energy.
- Ability/knowledge of camp activities (canoeing, archery, wall climbing, etc.)
- Enjoy being outdoors in all types of weather.
- Able to work in a team environment and independently.
- Must be computer literate and should be familiar with programs such as Microsoft Office as well as various web based programs.
- Familiarity with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Post secondary Biblical studies is an asset.
- Adhere to the MPSM Code of Conduct
- Attend weekly support team meetings.
- Be involved in staff meetings, leadership clusters, one-on-ones, and community groups
- Regular correspondence with L.I.T. participant & parents
- Contribute in a positive manner to the Kadesh community
- Responsible for selection process of L.I.T. participants (this is completed prior to term at Kadesh)
- Responsible for updating all L.I.T. material
- L.I.T. acceptance package/rejection letter
- L.I.T. Manual
- Respond to all forms of L.I.T. correspondence (email, facebook, etc)
- Responsible for preparation of L.I.T. teaching sessions
- Responsible to coordinate the teaching of L.I.T. sessions
- Evaluate L.I.T.’s participation in the L.I.T. program through staff feed back, guest feedback, and self evaluations
- Responsible for teaching L.I.T. program participants how to complete regular cleaning tasks
- Responsible for the oversight of completion of all cleaning tasks
- Track cleaning supplies and let office administrator know of needed supplies.
- Responsible for coordinating L.I.Ts for registration, and closing program responsibilities.
- Work Crew (during Kids week)
- LIT Coordinators will oversee the Work Crew in the same areas of Kitchen and Janitorial
- be involved with the casual evening activities of the Work Crew