The Program Coordinator position is a 17 week program core team position.
This position starts at (Tier 3) $325/week + room and board
- The Program Coordinator work as a team with the Waterfront Program Coordinator and reports directly to the Associate Director (Chris Oldham) and the Summer Camps Director (Dan Martens) in given seasons.
- Exhibit spiritual maturity and be a good Christian role model.
- Preferred candidates will have had at least one year of Camp Kadesh program experience. Any applicant should have significant program experience at another camp.
- Enjoy and connect well with people of all ages, especially youth and children.
- Have a heart for evangelism and missions.
- Highly organized and motivated.
- Ability to speak confidently in front of large groups of people.
- Knowledgeable in all Camp Kadesh activities (including but not limited to canoeing, archery, wall climbing, etc.)
- Willingness to be outdoors in all types of weather.
- Able to work in a team environment and independently.
- Must be computer literate and should be familiar with programs such as Microsoft Office as well as various web based programs.
- Previous leadership experience is an asset.
- Outgoing and energetic personality an asset.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Lifeguard Certification an asset, but not mandatory.
- Saskatchewan Class 5 licence (or equivalent) an asset.
- Adhere to the Camp Kadesh Staff Manual and the MPSM Code of Conduct
- Regular weekly planning meeting with the program team.
- Be involved and take leadership roles in staff meetings, leadership clusters, one-on-ones, and camp community groups.
- Contribute in a positive manner to the Kadesh greater community
- Facilitate and implement the Kadesh spring and summer program in a positive and timely manner.
- Responsible for the coordinating of the Kadesh spring & summer programs
- Training and coaching of staff on program implementation and skills.
- Work closely with the Directors and other program staff to ensure the safety of staff and guests is maintained.
- Enforce all rules and safety measures.
- Be familiar with Camp Kadesh’s waterfront operations, as well as the Saskatchewan Camping Association and Lifesaving Society’s standards for practices and equipment (including safety, recreational, and boating equipment)
- Respond and adapt programming to changes in weather
- Organize and coordinate weekly program schedules
- Assign staff in accordance with schedule templates created by the Director(s)
- Ensure timing of schedules in maintained.
- Receive feedback from program staff in relation to program equipment
- Ensure all equipment is repaired and fully functional.
- Daily inspections (or delegation of inspections) of all waterfront equipment.
- Communicating media needs with audio/video team