The Activity Specialist position is an 8 week position + training sessions (dates TBD)
This position starts at (Tier 2) $300/week + room and board
This position is for the person that has a passion for a specific area of programming and wants to raise the bar for how that activity is presented at Camp Kadesh. Ideal candidates will have a high level of proficiency in this activity and be willing to teach in this area for the whole summer and mentor/train other staff in this area. Preference will be given to applicants that specific certifications/training in their area, but Camp Kadesh would also work with individuals to provide training to increase ability and credentials.
Activity Specialist report to the Program Coordinators and/or the Waterfront Coordinator, and the Directors
- Exhibit spiritual maturity and be a good Christian role model.
- Have a high level of experience in the program area they are applying for.
- Have completed a camp leader in training (LIT) program, or similar development program, or similar experience
- Have experience working with and leading children and youth
- Enjoy and connect well with people of all ages, especially youth and children.
- Desire to add a creative flare to their area of program.
- Have a heart for evangelism and missions.
- Outgoing and high energy.
- Willingness to be outdoors in all types of weather.
- Willing to complete training related to their area of programming.
- Post secondary Biblical studies is an asset.
- Hold certifications in his or her area of expertise.
- Adhere to the Camp Kadesh Staff manual and the MPSM Code of Conduct
- Be involved in staff meetings, leadership clusters, one-on-ones, and community groups.
- Contribute in a positive manner to the Kadesh community
- Supervise campers and direct other staff in his or her specific program activity.
- Manage equipment in their program area with assistance from the Program or Waterfront Coordinators.
- Report any damage or safety issues to the Coordinators or Directors
- Conduct end of week camper paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned