Waterfront Program Coordinator
Note about this position: This position has changed for 2018 from the previous Waterfront Coordinator position. This position does oversee the function of the waterfront but also is involved in all the day to day programming in all areas of camp in partnership with the Program Coordinator.
The Waterfront Program Coordinator position is a 17 week program core team position.
This position starts at (Tier 3) $325/week + room and board
- The Program Coordinator work as a team with the Waterfront Program Coordinator and reports directly to the Associate Director (Chris Oldham) and the Summer Camps Director (Dan Martens) in given seasons.
- Exhibit spiritual maturity and be a good Christian role model.
- Must currently hold a National Lifeguard certification from the Lifesaving Society (or equivalent)
- Preferred candidates will have had at least one year of Camp Kadesh program or waterfront experience OR applicant should have significant program experience at another camp in program and waterfront areas.
- Enjoy and connect well with people of all ages, especially youth and children.
- Have a heart for camp ministry.
- be highly organized and motivated.
- Ability to speak confidently in front of large groups of people.
- Willingness to be outdoors in all types of weather.
- Able to work in a team environment and independently.
- Must be computer literate and should be familiar with programs such as Microsoft Office as well as various web based programs.
- Outgoing and energetic personality an asset.
- Saskatchewan Class 5 licence (or equivalent) an asset.
- Adhere to the Camp Kadesh Staff Manual and the MPSM Code of Conduct
- Regular weekly planning meeting with the program team.
- Be involved and take leadership roles in staff meetings, leadership clusters, one-on-ones, and camp community groups.
- Contribute in a positive manner to the Kadesh greater community
- Facilitate and implement the Kadesh spring and summer program in a positive and timely manner.
- Responsible for the coordinating of the Kadesh spring & summer programs
- Training and coaching of staff on program implementation and skills.
- Work closely with the Directors and other program staff to ensure the safety of staff and guests is maintained.
- Enforce all rules and safety measures.
- Be familiar with Camp Kadesh’s waterfront operations, as well as the Saskatchewan Camping Association and Lifesaving Society’s standards for practices and equipment (including safety, recreational, and boating equipment)
- Respond and adapt programming to changes in weather
- Organize and coordinate weekly program schedules
- Assign staff in accordance with schedule templates created by the Director(s)
- Ensure timing of schedules in maintained.
- Receive feedback from program staff in relation to program equipment
- Ensure all equipment is repaired and fully functional.
- Daily inspections (or delegation of inspections) of all waterfront equipment.
- Communicating media needs with audio/video team