Junior Activity Leader
The Junior Activity Leader position is a commitment of 2 to 8 weeks in the summer. Some priority is given to those that can make longer commitments.
This position is $75 per week honorarium
This position is for the person that loves being involved in program and would like to learn how to take more of a lead role in a variety of programming. This particular role is not necessarily an in-cabin position, but allows for a variety of service opportunity through the day. This role would scheudled for most of our programming times. This position is consider a development role.
Activity Leaders report to the Program Coordinators and often under the direction of Activity Leaders or Skill Specialists.
- Exhibit growing spiritual maturity and a desire to be a good Christian role model.
- Have a desire to serve in the programing and behind the scenes.
- Have completed a camp leader in training (LIT) program, or similar development program, or similar experience
- Have some experience working with and leading children and youth
- Enjoy and connect well with people of all ages, especially youth and children.
- Have a heart for evangelism and missions.
- Outgoing and high energy.
- Willingness to be outdoors in all types of weather.
- Adhere to the Camp Kadesh Staff manual and the MPSM Code of Conduct
- Be involved in staff meetings, leadership clusters, one-on-ones, and community groups.
- Contribute in a positive manner to the Kadesh community
- Supervise campers and direct other staff in his or her specific program activity.
- Manage equipment in their program area with assistance from the Program or Waterfront Coordinators.
- Report any damage or safety issues to the Coordinators or Directors.
- Other duties as assigned