Junior CAbin Leader
The Junior Cabin Leader (JC) position is a commitment of 2 to 8 weeks in the summer. Some priority is given to those that can make longer commitments. An ideal commitment would be for 4 weeks.
This position is $75 per week honorarium
This position is for the person that wants to be a Senior Cabin Leader eventually and would like to gain more experience working with campers in a cabin role. This role also has aspects of working in program in the same way that our cabin leaders are part of programming. This position is consider a development role.
Jr Cabin Leaders (JCs) report to the Program Coordinators and are matched with a new Senior Cabin Leader on a weekly basis.
- Exhibit growing spiritual maturity and a desire to be a good Christian role model.
- Have a desire to become a cabin leaders and work directly with a cabin group of campers.
- Have completed a camp leader in training (LIT) program, or similar development program, or similar experience
- Have some experience working with and leading children and youth
- Enjoy and connect well with people of all ages, especially youth and children.
- Have a heart for evangelism and missions.
- Outgoing and high energy.
- Willingness to be outdoors in all types of weather.
- Adhere to the Camp Kadesh Staff manual and the MPSM Code of Conduct
- Be involved in staff meetings, leadership clusters, one-on-ones, and community groups.
- Contribute in a positive manner to the Kadesh community
- Supervise a group of 8 - 13 campers, creating a positive and safe cabin atmosphere, under the direction of a Senior Cabin Leader.
- Cultivate spiritual growth within the cabin group through daily prayer, cabin & chapel group discussion and continual lifestyle example.
- Lead program activities as assigned by the program coordinators.
- Conduct end of week camper paperwork
- Report any damage or safety issues to the Coordinators or Directors.
- Other duties as assigned